Students are welcome to sign into the library during their study period to read, research or use the computers. Students must be on time – students who arrive after the bell are late and will be asked to return to study. Students will remain in the library throughout the entire study period.
Students will respect the needs of others by following the rules below:
- Students may not bring food, candy or drinks into the library. Food and beverage items will be confiscated at the door. This includes water bottles, unless the student has a water pass from the nurse.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices are allowed in the library during school hours. After school, phones must be on silent/vibrate. Students must leave the library when making or receiving a call.
- Students must scan their IDs when entering or leaving the library.
- Students must work quietly without disturbing others. Anyone causing a disturbance will be asked to leave.
- Students must bring a pass! No student will be admitted from a class without a signed pass from your teacher.
- Under no circumstances may students leave their school bags unattended in the library.
- Students must adhere to the Network Acceptable Use Policy at all times. Disregard for this policy will result in disciplinary action.
- Students may not use ipods, MP3 players or access music sites.
- Use of headphones is for projects only; students may not request headphones for listening to music or watching videos.
- Students must keep their passwords private; sharing passwords will result in disciplinary action.
- Students must log off of their computer when finished with their session.
- Students are not permitted to chat, IM, access proxy servers or sites, or download .exe files.
- Students are not permitted to play any computer or Internet games.
Below are procedures to ensure that the RBLMC runs smoothly:
- All items taken from the library must be checked out.
- Regular book checkout period is three weeks.
- Periodicals, DVDs, and CDs may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Reference and Reserve materials may not be checked out.
- Students may have a total of three items checked out at the same time.
- If students have an overdue book they are not permitted to check out additional library materials.
- All lost items must be paid for. There may be a replacement cost, service charge and/or fines.