Library Media Center Mission Statement
The Roseanne Barker Library and Media Center (RBLMC) supports the mission and curriculum of Bishop Stang High School and builds the foundation needed to transform students into lifelong learners, independent readers and respectful, responsible, ethical citizens prepared to make positive contributions to the world around them.
RBLMC will build this foundation by:
- Providing a diverse and balanced array of print and non-print materials, which reflect the spiritual, educational and recreational needs of the Bishop Stang High School community.
- Educating library users to be discerning in their selection of materials by teaching students and staff how to successfully access, evaluate, and use a wide range of information resources.
- Collaborating with teachers to develop strategies to ensure that learning meets the needs of all students by being relevant, current, and ongoing through powerful connections to the curriculum and by drawing links to students' lives and personal interests.
- Coaching learners how to use information to become inventive problem solvers, effective communicators, informed decision-makers, and architects of new knowledge and ideas.
- Presenting an environment where students are encouraged to be capable, creative and confident members of the community.
*RBLMC supports the Library Bill of Rights and The Freedom to Read Statement as approved by the American Library Association.